* indicates corresponding author; # indicates equal authorship; ^ indicates graduate student coauthor
- Li, Wangyang and, Airan Liu*. “The Quantity and Quality of Screen Exposure and Preschool Children’s Non-cognitive Skills.” Journal of Education Studies (forthcoming) (in Chinese).
- Xu, Jiashu^, and Airan Liu*. “Family Life and Chinese Adults’ Happiness Across the Life Span.” Chinese Journal of Sociology 7, no. 4 (2021): 514-534.
- Bozick, Robert, Narayan Sastry, and Airan Liu. “Health in Early Adolescence and Paid Employment.” Youth & Society: 0044118X20972425.
- Liu, Airan. “Non-cognitive Skills and the Growing Achievement Gap.” Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 69: 100546.
- Liu, Airan. “Can Non-cognitive Skills Compensate for Background Disadvantage?—The Moderation of Non-cognitive Skills on Family Socioeconomic Status and Achievement During Early Childhood and Early Adolescence.” Social Science Research 83: 102306.
- Liu, Airan, Wangyang Li, and Yu Xie. “Social Inequality in Child Educational Development in China.” Chinese Journal of Sociology 6, no. 2: 219–238.
- Liu, Airan, and Yu Xie. “Why Do Asian Americans Academically Outperform Whites?—The Cultural Explanation Revisited.” Social Science Research 58: 210–226.
- Liu, Airan, and Yu Xie. “Influences of Monetary and Non-monetary Family Resources on Children’s Development in Verbal Ability in China.” Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 40: 59–70.
- Xu, Hongwei, Airan Liu, and Yueyun Zhang. “Inequality in Children’s Wellbeing and Development: Evidence from a National Panel Study.” Chinese Journal of Sociology 1(1): 88–107.